Pediatric services from infancy to adulthood
At our office in Plano we offer a full range of pediatric services to children from birth to 18 years of age. We are proud to share these formative years with our patients and are dedicated to providing compassionate and high-quality healthcare. At Pediatric Specialists of Plano, your children are our specialty.
Comprehensive pediatric services for well-care
We believe that a healthy childhood is achieved when parents and pediatricians work together. During well-care visits, we strive to create a complete picture of your child’s health by taking time to ask questions and listen to your concerns. Beginning at birth, we measure your child’s physical and mental development during our annual exams, school and sports physicals and vaccination appointments. Our big-picture approach to pediatric services includes:
- Monitoring physical growth and encouraging healthy nutrition
- Assessing emotional health
- Providing vaccinations
- Offering health screens and tests
- Discussing behavioral issues
- Keeping track of sleeping patterns
- Sharing child care and safety tips
- Exploring family medical histories for health concerns
Staying well requires proactive medical care. We are passionate about starting children on the path of good health and laying the foundation for healthy adulthood.
Responsive sick visits
Being sick is hard on children and their parents. With that in mind, our pediatric services center provides efficient care that helps children feel better fast. Our Plano clinic treats children for illnesses and minor injuries. We are also available over the phone 24 hours a day to address emergent medical concerns.
It can sometimes be difficult for parents to know when they should call the doctor for a child’s illness. Many times, relief is possible at home. Here are some guidelines for when pediatric services are required for illness.
- Fever: Call the pediatrician when your newborn’s temperature is over 100.4°F, your baby’s temperature is greater than 101°F or your child older than a year has a fever higher than 103°F.
- Vomiting or Diarrhea: Call the pediatrician if symptoms become severe or last longer than a few hours. Dehydration can usually be avoided with prompt intervention.
- Colds and Respiratory Problems: Call the pediatrician if your baby is three months or younger and showing respiratory issues. For older children, call if they are having trouble breathing or their cold lasts longer than a week without improvement.
- Rash: Call the pediatrician if the rash is spreading, doesn’t improve over time or if the rash is accompanied by fatigue, fever or pain.
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment for your child.
Pediatric Specialists of Plano
3405 Midway Road, Suite 650
Plano, TX 75093
(CVS Plaza across from Presbyterian Hospital of Plano)
Click For Directions
Phone: (972) 473-7777
Fax: (972) 473-7780
- Please call to schedule an appointment
- We accept cash, check, Visa and Mastercard.
Hours of Operation
- M-F 8:15am – 12:00 pm / 1:15 – 4:45 pm
- Saturday 8:15am – 11:30am